- In Open Social, it is possible to make contents such as posts, events and topics visible to the users who have not logged in (AN).
- This option can be disabled by site managers.
When the public visibility is disabled by site managers:
- Authenticated users can not create content that is visible to anonymous users.
- Content managers and site managers can still create content visible to anonymous users, they can even make the content of normal users public by editing their content.
- When changing the visibility to public: the original author is still able to edit his content, but he is not allowed to change the visibility setting.