Site managers can configure the menus on the platform. Go to Dashboard -> Main Menu or Footer Menu, under Menu Management.
There are two type of menus in open social:
- Main navigation menu. This menu consists of the links that allow users to reach to different areas of the platform.
- Footer menu. This menu consists of the links to general information pages of the platform. By default, there is no links in footer menu.
Add or edit menu links, and create submenu's
- The new link can be used to link to any existing page on the platform. Just start typing the first letters of the page title you want to link, in the 'link' field. It will autocomplete all the existing pages in the site.
- To add a link to a sub menu/ drop-down menu, select the corresponding dropdown in the parent link field. In order to enable the drop-down menu, the parent menu must have ‘show as expanded’ option checked.
- You can not delete a menulink, only hide it (or edit it into a new link).
Change the order of menu links
- There are two ways to change the order of the link: Changing role weight or Drag and drop. By clicking on the ‘hide/show row weights’ button on the right side of the screen, you can switch between these two ways.
- When row weights are shown, you can change link order by changing its weight. The link with smaller weight will be shown higher (or more to the left) in a menu.
- When row weights are hidden, you can change link oder in a drag and drop manner.
- Don't forget to save at the bottom of the page!