Social signup and login function allows users to signup and login easily with their accounts on other social platforms: Facebook, Google, Linkedin and Twitter.
The social signup and login function is disabled by default. A Site Manager can choose to enable it:
Once it is enabled, there are a few things that are important:
If permitted during the sign-up process, user’s name, email address and profile image can be automatically retrieved from other social platforms.
Users are still able to choose a different email address and username during the sign-up process.
- Users need to signup with or connect to another social account before being able to login with it.
- Users can connect to multiple other social accounts and login with them.
- When a user signed up with a social account, he/she can remove it later on.
- When a user signed up with email in the first place, he/she can add a social account to make logging in easier later.
- The options of adding or removing a social account can be found on the settings page.