Taxonomy is used in open social to categorising similar users or topics. Taxonomy can only be configured by site managers. Go to dashboard > Taxonomy settings to see all taxonomy sets.
There are 3 taxonomy sets for users:
- Expertise. This taxonomy categorise users by their expert skills or knowledge in a specific area. Registered users can select from the list a SM has predefined or create their own specify expertise in their own profiles.
- Interest. This taxonomy categorise users by activities users like to do outside their work. Registered users can select from the list a SM has predefined or create their own specify expertise in their own profiles.
When regular users add new terms as an expertise or interest in their profile, this term will be added to the taxonomy set as well.
- Profile tag. This taxonomy categorise users by their special role in the community. Only content managers and site manager can give profile tag to a user.
Besides, there are taxonomy sets for content:
- Topic type. This taxonomy set topics categories.
- Event type. This taxonomy set events categories.
- Content tags. This taxonomy set tags on topics and events.