Profile tags are a great way to differentiate certain users.
A profile tag can only be assigned manually to a user, by a content or site manager. The tag will be visible to other users on the profile or in the teasers (in the search for example).
Examples of profile tags:
- a special role within the community (editor, publisher)
- to indicate a staff member
- a special training users have completed (like some kind of badge)
Profile tags are shown on the profile and in search like this:
How to assign a profile tag to a user
- Both content managers and site managers can assign profile tags to user, from the edit profile page.
- In order to be able to assign a profile tag to a user, please first make sure the relevant terms are created in profile tag taxonomy set. Go to Dashboard > Taxonomies > profile tag.