Taxonomy is used in open social to categorising similar users or topics. Taxonomy can only be configured by site managers.
There are 3 taxonomy sets for users:
- Expertise. This taxonomy categorise users by their expert skills or knowledge in a specific area. Authenticated users can specify expertise in their own profiles.
- Interest. This taxonomy categorise users by activities users like to do outside their work. Authenticated users can specify interest to their own profile.
- Profile tag. This taxonomy categorise users by their special role in the community. Only content managers and site manager can give profile tag to a user.
Besides, there are taxonomy sets for topic types and event types:
- Topic type. This taxonomy set topics categories.
- Event type. This taxonomy set events categories.